Sunday, January 15, 2012

Books That Made Me Love Reading Challenge

As soon as Emlyn started talking about this challenge, I knew I would be participating. Even before signups were open, I was ready. I have loved reading from the time I learned how to read, so this seemed to be the perfect challenge. Of course, it took me forever to find time to get this post up! I am not participating in many challenges, because I just don't have time to keep up with them. And I have no idea how I am going to have time to re-read books from my childhood when I have so many new books staring me in the face, but here goes nothing.

So, what books did make me love reading? When I was a child and a teenager, I would read anything and everything. No joke. If there wasn't anything else new in the house to read, I would even read my grandmother's True Story magazines and Reader's Digest. I am sure that all of the books I read as a child contributed to my love of reading, so I will just mention some of my favorite ones that I can remember.

The Little House on the Prairie series by Laura Ingalls Wilder. I received this series as a boxed set when I was very young. I probably read each one of them a gazillion times. Loved this series. I may not have time to read this entire series again during the challenge, but I plan to at least pick up the first one to read.

The Boxcar Children by Gertrude C. Warner. I didn't own this series, but I remember checking many of them out at the library. I would also like to read at least one or two of these during the challenge.

Nancy Drew by Carolyn Keene. Who can resist Nancy Drew? What could be more fun than running around with your friends solving mysteries? Yes, I am aware that there isn't actually a Carolyn Keene, but I still love Nancy Drew.

The Baby-sitters Club by Ann M. Martin. I'm not sure when I started reading these, but it was also a favorite to get from the library. Even though I was sometimes disappointed when the "paranormal" element turned out to have a rational explanation after all. I'm sure some of these will appear on my list this year.

So, while I don't know exactly what I will be reading yet, these are just a few of the many books that made me love reading. Since this month is already half over, I guess I better get started with the first one!

Do you want to participate?
All you have to do is re-read one old favorite a month, and then write a review about it. Then you add the link to that month's challenge post on Emlyn Chand's site, and you will be entered to win that month's prize package. Click on the following link or the image above for more information:



4 comments:

  1. Wow, we must be from the same generation! I just listed three of those four series in a post yesterday as my early reading loves...I never read the Boxcar Children books, but my eight-year-old LOVES them, so they are obviously timeless as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading Nancy Drew books, Choose Your Own Adventure books, and Archie comics. My brother and I used to collect these Pinoy joke books by a Filipino priest too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the challenge, Tami. I totally read and loved all these books too. I'll add to that the Sweet Valley Twins and Bunnicula. I will definitely be reading some BSC and Little House as part of this challenge ;-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs With Pictures from Pinkparis1233
Use Your Imagination Designs